Join us on December 3rd from 9 am to 3 pm for the 100% virtual 2021 HDI Leadership Conference! The theme of this year's conference is "Better, Faster, Stronger!" and we have some excellent speakers lined up (please see below). Looking forward to seeing you there!
- Kevin Smith, President, IT Transformation Institute
- Bio: Kevin is the President and Founder of the IT Transformation Institute offering advisory services, IT and ITSM health-checks, and best practices training for IT Operations, Service Management and IT Transformation. With degrees in Chemical Engineering and Computer Science, Kevin spent the first 10 years of his career at the NASA Johnson Space Center in Houston, working in Mission Operations for the Space Shuttle Program. Following his time with NASA, Mr. Smith spent over 15 years with Ivanti and HEAT Software assisting global IT organizations with operating improvements, and leveraging software solutions to help IT perform better. Kevin is the best-selling author of The Practical Guide to World-Class IT Service Management (March 2017), The IT Imperative (April 2018), One IT, One Business (April 2019) and The Humanity of IT (May 2021) and was named one of the world’s top 10 Service Management experts in 2019 and one of the world’s top 100 Technology Influencers in 2020 and 2021.
- Topic: How the Service Desk Emerges as a New Business Leader
- Abstract: The service desk occupies a unique place in the business and given current market conditions and emerging future business priorities, now has an opportunity to influence and drive the organization in new and unexpected ways. In this session we will explore this opportunity and the emerging top priorities for the service desk in 2022 and beyond.
- Chris Chagnon, IT Service Management Architect, Worcester Polytechnic Institute
- Bio: Chris Chagnon is an ITSM Architect who designs, develops, and maintains award-winning experiences for managing and carrying out the ITSM process. Chris has a Master of Science in Information Technology, and a bachelor’s degree in Visual Communications. In addition, Chris is a PhD Candidate studying Information Systems with a focus on user and service experience. As one of HDI’s Top 25 Thought Leaders, Chris speaks nationally about the future of ITSM, practical applications of artificial intelligence and machine learning, gamification, continual service improvement, and customer service/experience.
- Topic: Don’t go Chasing Waterfalls: Agile Methodology and the Service Desk in a Waterfall World
- Abstract: Agile is a big and exciting way to carryout our work, but how can we start using some of the great concepts that Agile brings to the table when we are stuck in a world that asks us to think in terms of waterfall project management? Don’t fret, there is still hope! The Agile waterfall is more than a joke, and can help you use some of the work-organizing techniques that make Agile so appealing, in a company that still has leadership stuck in a waterfall world. This session will cover tips and tricks to get beyond the budget cycle, and feeling productive and reactive.
- ComedySportz – A fun hour of competitive improvision